Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, October 29, 2011

One Fourth Down

So, we have been in our house for 3 months now.  1/4 of our time here at Quantico is done.  11 months in one place is such a short time.  I feel like we are finally settled in with everything in its place, and then Chris and I are talking about where the monitor may place us next. 
He met with his monitor (the Marine that places us at the next duty station) about a month ago.  Chris decided not to apply to the follow on school here which means we will definitely be moving in the summer.  Back to the fleet.  Back to deployment cycles.  Back to daddy being gone ALOT.  My heart immediately begins to praise God for the past 4 years and putting Chris in a job and at school where he has been able to be home with us.  I know God will sustain us as we move into this new phase of Chris's career.  This time in the fleet will be so very different from when I had a 2 and 4 year old.  We have school aged kids now and a toddler.  School aged kids with Daddy being gone will be a whole new ball game for all of us. But if there is one thing I know for certain, God knows what lies ahead and He will be with us through it all.
 Where to next you may ask?  As far as jobs in the Marine Corps go, there are some positions available in CA and Hawaii.  We will see where they end up placing us.  I will probably have news to report sometime after Christmas. 

As we head into my one of my favorite times of the year, I am so glad to feel settled and in a routine.  It makes things feel like "home" and not just a place we are visiting for a while. 

Last Sunday afternoon, the kids all wanted to draw and write stories.  We turned on some music in the kitchen.  I cooked and they worked.  Chris was busy working on a paper for school so it was nice that everyone found something quiet to do.  Everyone was content and happy and it was so blissful.  I just stood there and watched them and soaked it all in. 
  







If you haven't read Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts, I HIGHLY recommend it.  It has totally changed how I look at things.  Trying to slow down and pay attention to all the gifts that God has given to me.  Even the smallest gifts.  This day, I was so very thankful for these 3 huge gifts that God has entrusted to me.  So humbled that He would allow me to be their Mommy.  To love, teach,  and watch as He makes them into the people that He intended. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!