Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Baboons!

I didn't know what to expect today when we went to the Lynnwood Park Zoo with Luke's preschool class. I had heard to expect the unexpected, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised! We all absolutely loved it. Who knew good old J'ville had this little "jewel" to visit. The weather was perfect and the bugs were not out (thank goodness)! The zoo had such a wide variety of animals such as llamas, emu, wallabies, wild cats, zebra, porcupines, goats, lizards, donkeys, chickens, turkeys, ducks, prairie dogs, and the kids' favorite, the baboons! After the big tour, we all sat and had a picnic lunch before heading home.

Tonight as I was tucking Hayley into bed, we were talking about the days events. She asked me, "Do you 'member the baboon from today?" "Oh, yes! He was so funny." I replied. "Yeah, but the chickens didn't like me. They said bok bok bok when I standed by the fence." I giggled at Hayley's response and she said she wanted to pray. So here is her prayer:


"Dear God, Thank for da baboons, and da porcupines, and I pray that the chickens like me next time and don't say bok bok at me. Thank you for today. In Jesus name. AAAAAAAAmen."




2 comments:

  1. Amazing! We were at dinner tonight and Issa said, "Dear Lord, please keep me brave and not let me be scared tonight. Amen". HELLO!?? We're doing something right, May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute prayer. Glad y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!