Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's All Relative

I cannot explain how thankful I am to be here in Virginia. It has almost been a year since Chris's second return home from 7 months in Iraq. Those two years that we spent at Camp Lejeune did have some sweet moments :both times Daddy came home safe and sound, H's 1st birthday, L's 3rd birthday, trips to the beach, reconnected with friends, amazing new friends were made, H's 2nd birthday, L's 4th birthday.....but there is no doubt that God was stretching both Chris and I during those months of separation while he was deployed. What a mighty God we serve! Not only did He faithfully see us through the tough times apart, but He has blessed our marriage and made us that much stronger. God always seems to bless us with some wonderful time together after we have had a few years of deployment after deployment after deployment (you get the picture)!

Back to why it is all relative. This past week, Chris had to go to FL to instruct at a conference. He left last Wednesday and will return this Wednesday. He will have been gone a week. I feel like it has been the SLOWEST week EVER! I laughed this morning when Luke asked AGAIN when Chris would be getting home. When I told him only 3 more days he said, "Man, Mommy, Daddy has been gone a REALLY long time! I think this is the longest trip he has ever been on!" I am thankful that my son is back to thinking that a week without Daddy is a long time. Chris, we miss you and can't wait to see you on Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Aren't our little military babies adaptable!? Bless his heart, and yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!