Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Boy

 
Nine years and three months to the day today.  I didn't get the chance to do my typical bday post about my sweet guy due to about 143 boxes in my house and no Internet connection.  I didn't want to let this precious time in his life go by without me taking some notes so I figure today would be a good day to write.  It is actually overcast, misty, and cool outside.  I love a good rainy day.


Luke, you are such an amazing little man.  You are kind, brave, smart, and such a hard worker.  I love how you want to make everyone laugh and are always busy coming up with some joke or crazy skit or surprise to brighten everyday.  Your favorites right now are:
Legos
Books, books, books
any kind historical info you can get your hands on
the Bible
friends
riding your bike or scooter
playing flag football
visiting Legoland
playing with your sisters
boardgames (especially Sorry and Monopoly Jr)
seeing how high you can go and jump out of the swing
shooting archery
running and hiking with Daddy
a good funny movie (The Muppets is your favorite right now)
 
 
You impress me daily with how well you handle such big changes in your life.  Having to move away from your close friends 2 years in a row is tough, but you hold your head up and happily go out to meet new people.  5 houses in your 9 years.  Wow! 
You are growing so fast, but I am so thankful to be your mom and teacher everyday.  Your love for Jesus and sharing your faith is something you talk about daily.  You tell me, "Mom, I think I will either be a missionary or an astronaut.  You would be excellent at both. 
I love you, Buddy.
Stay strong :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!