Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dear Life with an Infantry Battalion...

So it has been about 4 years since we crossed paths, and I had almost forgotten how our relationship works.  It is a love/ hate dislike relationship.  I love that my husband loves his job, his Marines, his country, but I do dislike the long hours, days, and soon to be months away from him.  I miss him so much, but I know that he is doing exactly what God created him to do here on Earth.
 
Our children are learning what this life means for them.  They vaguely remember their time with you between 2006-2008.  They are discovering what it means for Daddy to be away and some days I am so in awe of their strength and awesome attitudes that I am speechless.  Then other days my heart breaks as I see the tears and the sadness knowing it is because they long for a hug from their Daddy.  I do too.  They miss their Daddy terribly some days but they also understand how important Chris's job is and how our job is to love and support him so he can go and protect and defend our freedoms.
 
Life continues on when he is away.  There are still birthdays, holidays, firsts, and all kinds of changes.  But while we celebrate those occasions sometimes on the actual day other times we celebrate just because we are together. 
 
I am so thankful that he will be home in time for Christmas this year.  We will all cherish every moment because we know that deployment is looming in the future.  Deployment...  I haven't had to utter those words for 4 years and for that I am thankful.  But it is coming.  A different beast this time.  3 little ones and 3,600 miles away from family.  There are days when I feel overwhelmed at thinking of doing this thing alone for almost a year.  Then I remember that I am never alone.  God is here with me every step, every moment.  He brought Chris and I together and He will equip us for the path He has paved for us.  Again thankful.
 
So while we wait for Daddy to get home from his time with you training in the desert, we prepare for Christmas.  We decorate, watch Christmas movies, go to parties, sing carols, hang lights,  go to church and prepare our hearts to celebrate the One who came to save us. 
 

 
In closing, this life is one that I would not ever change.  Of course, it has its challenges, but the good times far out weigh the bad. 
 
Thanks for the wild ride,
Mary
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!