Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Monday, August 12, 2013

My baby is 10


10 years old. Double digits. 8 years until he is an "adult".  Yikes.  Yes, it is true what they say.  That time is going by in a blink of an eye.  Each age brings new challenges in the parenting department but more than anything, I am finding that each age brings such JOY!  What a privilege it is to watch my son grow into a man of God. 
Luke, I never knew that the love I have for you existed until you came crying into this world on July 20, 2003.  Your sweet scrunchy face and bald little head took my breath away.  My heart nearly beat out of my chest when they placed you in my arms for the first time and I whispered just how much I loved you, kissed you and told how much your Daddy and I had prayed for you.  A love I had never known.  And a perfect picture of how God loves us.
 
You are my first born and only son.  Watching you grow is so amazing.  My prayer for you as you enter your double digits is that you continue to hold onto your love for Jesus.  That you seek Him in all your decisions.  That you listen as He guides you along the way.  Know that Daddy and I will always be here as a soft place to fall and that we are in constant prayer about how to help and guide you as you learn, make decisions, and ultimately head out into this big world.
  I love you so much.
Mom
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!