Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, March 2, 2014

February, Where Did You Go??


An entire month has passed since I posted.  I would like to call February the "keep your head above the water" month.  It flew by but the days crept.  Like a turtle in mud.  Like a toddler when you tell him/her to come here.  Like a snail.  You get the point.  That probably doesn't make sense to most, but to my military sisters it is crystal clear.  We have endured 6 and half (really 9 due to work-ups for the MEU) months of this deployment.  Our communication consists of  a phone call for 5 to 10 minutes once or twice a week where he can't really say much about what he is doing because of OPSEC (operational security) and I can never sum our life into 5 minute conversation.  Though, it is always so wonderful to hear his voice.  And he always knows what to say to make me laugh.  Even in those quick moments. Thankfully we can email each other, but again, how do you write your life into an email.  My feet always seem to drag at this point in the deployment.  I'm tired of being mommy, daddy, teacher, housekeeper, errand runner, budget maker, grocery buyer, chef, entertainment director, and the 500 other hats that I wear during the time he is gone.  I'm done.  

But God always shows up during this time.  He brings snuggles from my kids when I need them.  He brings a friend over to visit, a girls' night out for Chinese food,  prayer time with another wife whose husband is deployed, an unexpected package in the mail with a sweet note, encouragement from a comment on FB, a Bible Study that speaks directly to my heart and refines me and changes me for His glory. Jesus is so faithful.  He carries me through and puts my feet back down to continue on.  

And then...drum roll... We finally got word on a return date!  A light at the end of the tunnel!!!! Praise Him!  So thankful that sooner than later will be a be a family of 5 again.  Cue the crazy prep of homecoming!!!!!

In the mean time, we were able to find some true bright spots in February.  I began  leading a women's Bible Study again in our home on Wednesday nights.  Such a wonderful group of women are attending and I am learning and growing so much.  Here we are the first night of the study performing a skit.




To celebrate President's Day, the kids chose a President to study and write a report about him.  Hayley chose Ronald Reagan and since we are only 2 and half hours from Simi Valley, home of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, off on a field trip we went. 







Replica of the oval office while Reagan was President.



Actual Air Force One
We were able to get on the plane and tour it, but no pictures were allowed.



Marine One, the President's helicopter








Reagan's portrait is made completely out of jelly beans, his favorite snack.






Hayley and a piece of the Berlin Wall.



We had a great time learning about such an amazing President and Simi Valley is just breathtaking.  
Can't wait to go back with Chris soon.
We have some super fun visits planned in March.  Next week Mimi and Papa are coming and we are headed to Disneyland for a few days!!  And Aunt Holly is coming to see us at the end of the month.  Woohoo!
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is getting closer everyday. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!