Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

10 Year Tally

Chris and I celebrated 10 years of marriage on Sept.4. My incredible husband planned a surprise getaway to Williamsburg , and boy, was I surprised. He asked my sister to come in town on Thursday and watch the kids while we went away. Holly got to the house and Luke and Hayley were beyond excited to see their Aunt Holly. After hugs and kisses and a quick bag packed, Chris and I were on our way. We went to dinner and a movie, toured Old Town Yorktown, shopped, ate some more, went to Williamsburg, and ate some more. It was a wonderful time laughing and enjoying each others company. Strolling around with no plans, holding hands, and talking. Needless to say, Chris did a great job with the surprise. I also may have gotten a beautiful sapphire necklace as a gift too. He still treats me like a princess and I am so blessed to call him my husband and best friend.

So for the 10 year tally:
5 moves
5 cars
1 sweet doggie that is very missed
2 beautiful children and 1 more to arrive in two months!
4 deployments
Trips to Kauai, Big Island, Molokai, Maui, and Okinawa
1 cross country trip from L.A. to Virginia
1 trip to Gatlinburg
2 trips to Disney World (and many more to come!)
Beach trips to Myrtle and Kure Beach
6 weeks of living out of our van last summer
1,000,000 + laughs
Hugs and Kisses (too many to count)

I love you so much, Chris. Thank you for asking me to be your wife. I am truly blessed. To the next 60+ years......I can't wait to see the tally then.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to celebrate! I am so happy for y'all!
    Congrats and here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know I have the most random memory of you just before you got married??

    It must have been the end of spring semester and a group of us (I have no idea who) were standing around outside somewhere. I remember you saying that you had to go buy the new Britney Spears cd before you got married because there was no way Chris would let you after you were married.

    I have no idea why I remember that, but thought you would think it was funny!!!

    Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!