Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Friday, October 2, 2009

I Heart Fall!

Hayley's s'more, sans the marshmallows!



My men toasting marshmallows for me!




A few weekends ago, the weather was finally making a change and the cool, fall like air was making it's first appearance for the season. I ran to Walmart and purchased a firepit. Chris and I have talked about getting one for years, so we decided now was the perfect time. Of course, what campfire is complete with out making s'mores! I bought the marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers ready for our first real s'more experience together as a family.
Come to find out, I am the only one who likes a true s'more (marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers all mushed together in a toasty gooey mess). Luke and Chris both don't like chocolate (which I have known), but I thought for sure they would have a toasted marshmallow between two graham crackers. NOPE. Neither of them like marshmallows either, so instead they feasted on just the crackers.
Hayley is a lover of chocolate, just like me. But when it came to the white gooey mess that is the toasted marshmallow, she opted out and just wanted chocolate between her crackers.
So for the first time in my life, I discovered that s'mores can be made more than one way and it was so much fun.
After the snacks, we sat around and took turns telling "G" rated ghost stories that always seemed to end up with someone shouting BOO! I think we are going to really enjoy all the cool crisp nights around our new firepit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!