Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Belvedere Plantation

For our first field trip this year, we headed down to Fredericksburg to explore Belvedere Plantation.  The same Belvedere Plantation that we went to 8 years ago...

Luke was 2 and a half months old.




And then again when Luke was almost 15 months




And again when Luke was 2 and Hayley was 3 months old




Today was a much different experience.  I love that we are able to revisit some places we loved so much when they were babies so that they can enjoy it once again.  I remember the first visit to Belvedere as I watched all the big kids on the rides, slides, and rope swings.  I couldn't wait until Luke was big enough to do all those fun things.  And here we are, visiting with an 8 year old and a 6 year old. 

Baby bear stayed home with Chris since he had the day off and she wasn't feeling so well.  I forgot my camera, but I took as many pics as I could with my cell phone.
We rode out to the pumpkin patch and selected our pumpkins.  After putting the pumpkins in the car, we headed down the hill to the learning stations.  All I can say is fantastic.  We learned about how a pumpkin grows, what it needs to grow, what the bees jobs are in the process and so much more.  We got to visit a pumpkin science lab where we estimated, measured and weighed a pumpkin. 
When we finished off the last learning station, we headed out to just play and have FUN!



Waiting for our turn on the rope swing in the barn!



Feeding the sheep





This slide was the favorite.  You had to ride on a burlap sack in the tunnel that is in the hill!  I couldn't get a picture of them shooting out it was so fast!

 The hill!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!