Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Monday, December 12, 2011

Magical

...that one word pretty much sums up my experience last Friday night. 
I have dreamt of taking my little girl to the Nutcracker Ballet since the moment the ultrasound tech told us, "It's a girl!" 
And a must say the moment did not disappoint.  Her huge eyes carefully taking in every pose, grand jete, arabesque, and pointed toe.  Her smile at the mice and the grand Christmas tree magically growing as the clock struck midnight.  Her sweet voice as she leaned over and whispered, "Oh, Mommy, the Sugar Plum Fairy is just beautiful.  Do you think I can get my picture made with her after the show?" The excited applause after every act.  She loved it.  And I loved watching her love it as much as I did when I was a little girl.
I think a new Christmas tradition has been born.




We went to the ballet with my dear friends, Fran and Suzanne.  Hard to believe we met just over 9 years ago when Chris and I were first stationed in Quantico.  Our husbands worked together at TBS, and Fran and Suzanne graciously invited me to dinner one night when we first arrived in VA.  What  fun time I will never forget.  We all have "Southern" roots which bonded us right away.  I feel so blessed to have them as friends. 
Down the road a few years, we were all pregnant with our girls together and they were all born within just a few months of each other.  Such a special night at the ballet to share with them.



I think they had a good time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!