Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Whirlwind

Sometimes life moves so fast that I can barely keep up. Many things have been going on since my last post. We are officially on the move to a new duty station this summer. Chris received orders to Norfolk, VA working at Expeditionary Warfare Training based out of Little Creek. The best thing about the move is that Chris will be home for 3 years!!!! A non-deployable job......Praise the Lord.
At first, I stressed thinking about all that I needed to do for the move while Chris is still thousands of miles away. I basically needed to research the new area, find a place to live, find a pre-school for the children, put our house on the market, and keep life going here in Jacksonville. After the initial freak out, I handed it over to God, and boy, did He deliver.
I found a beautiful home in Chesapeake, VA that we are going to rent for the three years we will be there. The home is in a great school district and in a beautiful area. Item #1 ...check
Next, the task of selling the house. I frantically touched up paint, cleaned and arranged to put the house on the market. Houses in our neighborhood have been on the market and average of 90 to 120 days! I signed with a realtor on a Friday morning. Saturday, we had two different buyers come through the house. Each time, I was racing around picking up toys, cleaning counters and dishes, making beds, getting the kids ready and loaded up in the car. All I could think is, "If I have to do this crazy clean for 90 days, I will go CRAZY!" God is so so so GOOD! Sunday morning, my realtor calls and says we have a contract on the house!!! Are you kidding? WOW. One full day on the market and item #2.....CHECK!
God worked the preschool out too and the kids will be attending a wonderful program at a Presbyterian church in the area. Item #3...check.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you and wow! talk about a fast sell on your home- that's amazing!

    Will be praying all the little details work out fine too.

    Oh, BTW, my dear friend lives in Chesapeake and attends Sovereign Grace Church. She loves it.
    Let me know if you want her contact info.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!