Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Days like this.....

I love days like this one. The sky outside is overcast and I can hear the wind blowing the trees back and forth outside. The temperature is comfortable but then chills a little with a gust of wind. Every now and then the sun peeks through the clouds and then quickly hides away as if to pull the covers back up over its head. I call these days snuggle days.
Whenever Luke and Hayley get up from their nap/rest time on days like today, I love to sit on the sofa and read book after book. Wondering if Sylvester's parents will ever realize that he wished himself into a rock or finding out if the Poky Little Puppy will ever get caught sneaking back home at night (our favorite books: Sylvester and the Magic Pebble and The Poky Little Puppy). I love to nuzzle my nose into their sweet smelling hair and kiss the tops of their heads. My heart is so full on days like today. I sit thanking God for the blessings of my husband who still treats me like his princess and my beloved children. I thank God for allowing me to experience motherhood and all the joy that it brings. I also thank God for the peace and quite of nap time!
Autumn is absolutely my favorite time of year. I love that it brings the cooler temps, football season(GO DAWGS!), smell of chili cooking, fresh baked bread, a cup of apple cider, and pumpkin pie!!!!! Autumn ushers in Thanksgiving and then my favorite holiday, Christmas. Oh how I love it all.

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog, too. And I am right there with you - Fall Rules! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect day, for sure!! Mary, I love how positive you are, and your zeal for the days w/ Haley & Luke!! And you are SO right--fall is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I LOVE your new background & music!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I LOVE your new background & music!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!