Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Soccer and Ballet






So the fun has begun! This year is the first that we are trying organized sports with Luke. He seems to love every bit of it so far. I think Luke is most excited that Chris is coaching his team. His first practice was last Tuesday. What a riot! Watching all the little four and five year olds chase the ball this way and that. Luke kept looking to me for a cheer or thumbs up when he would do something cool like shoot the ball or dribble down the field. Although Luke loves all the running, kicking, and shooting the ball, his absolute favorite part of soccer thus far is getting in the huddle and shouting, " One, two, three Go COBRAS!" Chris said that as they were closing practice yesterday, he called everyone back in to huddle up and put their hands in the middle. He said that Luke hustled all the way across the field and was yelling, "Wait for me! Wait for me! I've got to put my hand in the middle!" The Cobras first game is this coming Saturday. I'll keep you updated on how we fair.
Hayley began her new adventure as a ballerina. Our little firecracker is learning some poise and grace! HA! Chris and I always joke that Hayley will be the one that we get called into the office for because she just cannot control her talking. Sorry, darling girl, but you do get it honest! I can recall an "N" or two for needs improvement when it came to controlling my talking! There were several times during class that my little angel had to be reminded to raise her hand before she spoke and to join the rest of the class because she was too busy looking at herself in the mirror! Oh well.....
Hayley was just wild about putting on her beautiful leotard, tights, and ballet slippers. She couldn't wait to learn what ballet was all about. At the first lesson, the girls learned first position, and the arms that go along with first position, second and third position. I almost fell out of my chair watching her figure out how to get her feet in first position which involves her bending over and arranging her feet and so carefully trying to stand back up so that she doesn't fall while standing in this strange way. So CUTE!
At the end of each class, her teacher calls all of the girls together to hand out stickers to those who had been good listeners. So far, we have gotten a sticker each time. We will see if she can continue her winning streak.

2 comments:

  1. Oh precious little Hayley!! I will give you stickers on the street every afternoon, you sweet little girl!! These pictures are SOO cute Mary!! What a fabulous season with soccer & ballet!! Luke was so proud yesterday when he told me that he has a game today--GO LUKE!! With Coach Daddy...it just doesn't get any better than this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love your new background!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!