Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School










Well...we all survived our first day of school. Luke was beyond excited as he bounced out of the bed when I came in his room to get him up to start the day. He was up and dressed in no time and ready to take on the world. He couldn't stop asking me if it was time to go yet. We talked all through breakfast about the new friends he was going to make, his new teacher, Mrs. Wood, and what new exciting things he might learn this year. He talked a mile a minute about the days schedule and of course reminding me that after snack and recess I was going to pick him up (in case I forgot)!

Hayley woke up not quite as chipper as her brother. At first, she was telling me that she didn't want to go to school and she wanted to stay home with me. Those words actually did my heart some good knowing that she was going to miss me at least a little. But after we talked about Mrs. Holcombe's classroom and all the wonderful babies there were in the housekeeping center, she thought better of staying home. She of course wanted to wear a "beautiful outfit" as she says most mornings. Luke's excitement was contagious, and Hayley too began to get excited after breakfast.

Dropping both of them off was a little tough on me, but they were calm and happy to see all the new friends and faces. After a big hug and kiss from both of them and a gentle "I love you so much" whispered in their ears, my babies were off on their way to new adventures.

Hooray for a great start to a great school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!