Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tales from the Sofa.......






As I type, I am lying here on the sofa recovering from knee surgery. Surgery went very well and I am so glad to have it behind me. The road it took to get to the point of surgery was a long one, but along with the wait came some great physical therapists and doctors who have taken extremely good care of me.
My wonderful parents came up to stay with us the Friday before my surgery . We had a wonderful time with Mimi and Papa. I don't know what we would have done without them last week. What a HUGE help they were. Taking the kids to school, grocery shopping, washing the laundry, cooking dinner, playing with the children, making beds, bathing little faces.....the list really could go on and on! Thanks so much. We all love you and miss you guys.

Luke and Hayley have been the best little nurses. Each morning they have come into our room ever so gently to see how I have been feeling. Luke has brought several books for me to read as well as some much needed bear hugs. Hayely usually brings in her doll, Marabelle, and tucks her in the bed with me. Apparently, Marabelle has been having some knee trouble too. Hayley also brings in toys of all kinds so that I don't get bored and many, many kisses.

This week is Chris's week to hold down the fort and what a wonderful job he is doing. He surprised us all with mini-hamburgers for dinner last night (which he made himself!). The kids love having him home and so do I!

Now that I am feeling better, I wish I could get up and do something to help out. But for now, the sofa is my best friend since I am supposed to keep my leg elevated and iced. I will be on cruches for another 2 to 3 weeks. I am trying to enjoy this vacation of sorts. For now God is telling me to "Be Still.."

2 comments:

  1. I know it is hard to sit back, but I am glad you are letting people take care of you! That is hard for a mommy to do. . . Glad you are feeling ok and have such terrific nurses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary!! It was so great to visit with you yesterday and to see that smiling face in spite of the pain I know you are experiencing!! I'm so thankful the surgery was so successful and you'll be up and down the street chasing these little munchkins before you know it!! Enjoy that couch!! :) And call me if you need anything!!! :) How is Hayley's cheek today?? :( Gotta love my swing set!?!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!