Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow Day





Hot Chocolate Faces!

Another snow day for us today. At least this time there was actually some snow. Nothing to really scream at, but enough for a little "yippee!" The weather had been rainy and cold all weekend so we were hoping for a winter wonderland when the temperatures dropped on Sunday night. We woke up to just a dusting (if you could even call it that) and lots of ice on the roads. NO SCHOOL was declared and the stir craziness set in. Even though the temps were never really above freezing, we NEEDED to get out and run a little before "Steele Wrestle Mania '09"ended up with a broken bone.
I was not the brave Mama and stood at the door and watched while they ran around a little. I am still very cautious with my knee since the surgery and ice makes me NERVOUS. I forgot how exciting snow can be to a child. Luke hadn't seen snow since he was 2 and we had nearly 8 inches to play in the last February we were in Fredericksburg. He was a little disappointed that there was not enough to make a snow angel or build a snowman. He got over it pretty quickly and ran and ran and ran and ran!!! Hayley has never seen snow until this year. She loved it. She pretty much ate all the snow off one of our deck chairs (I'm sure that was pretty clean). They had both had enough after about 20 minutes, and they came inside for a hot chocolate break. Luke takes after his Daddy and cannot stand chocolate, but he insisted on a cup for himself. After a sip to warm him up, he was done. Hayley could have finished two more mugs full if I had let her.
Today is bitterly cold again, but the weather man tells us it should be 65 and sunny by the weekend. Ahhhh. Spring is slowly creeping in and I cannot wait!




2 comments:

  1. I love snow days! I am glad that your kiddos got to play in it. We were hoping for some, too, but I think Hinesville is just too far South! Wish we could have played with y'all. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new here! What an awesome blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!