Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Childhood Checklist

My precious boy!!! Growing up and amazing me every step of the way. He has hit two MAJOR childhood milestones in just a few weeks. First, he lost a tooth about two weeks ago and now he has a broken arm. I have told him he has plenty of time to check other items off the childhood checklist so we can slow down for now.
Friday afternoon was fun. The weather was perfect for a swim so I took the kids down to the Y and played in the outdoor pool for an hour or so. They had a ball. The frog slide is still a favorite and Luke loved showing me his much improved breast stroke (he must be practicing in the bath tub!).
Once we got home, our sweet neighbors were outside playing and invited us in their yard to play for a few minutes. Luke and his buddy, Alexander were playing and having a great time as they usually do. Luke was climbing down the ladder on the play set, lost his footing, and fell. As soon as he hit the ground I knew it was not good. I carried him back to the house and he whimpered the entire way. It is not like Luke to show pain. He usually bounds right up after a fall, and yells "I'm ok. I'm ok." It was 6:30pm, dinner time, and we knew he needed to have xrays done. Chris loaded him up and took him to the ER. I stayed home with Hayley so that she could go to bed at 7:30 as usual. I sat by the phone all evening waiting for the call to see what the DR had said. Chris called at 11:15 and let me know it was a break and Luke would be in a cast for the next 4 to 6 weeks.
They got home around 11:45 and Luke had passed out in the car. We slipped him into bed and he actually slept great.
He seems to have adjusted well to life in a cast, although he has his moments when he declares that he wants the cast off NOW!
We are praying for a quick recovery and that the cast comes off on the 4 week side instead of the 6 week side. For now, it is time to slow down and hold off on anymore milestones. At least for a few days.........

2 comments:

  1. Bless all of your hearts! When Jessa broke her arm, I was way more upset than she was!

    I hope that he adjusts well, and my fingers are crossed for 4 weeks. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...what do I say...ugh, ugh, ugh!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!