Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Friday, July 17, 2009

Kure Beach 2009












What a great time we had at the beach. The weather was gorgeous the entire time we were there. The water was wonderfully warm and fun times were had by all!
This year was the third in a row that we have been able to spend the week with the Steele side of the family at Kure Beach. The cousins all play so well together and all the grown ups actually get to relax and catch up. We missed having Kim (Chris's sister), Scott, Anna, and Renzy this time. Anna was away at camp and Scott and Renzy had planned a camping trip the same week before we booked the trip.
Our days consisted of breakfast, pool, lunch, beach, dinner and bed. I actually got to read most of a book while I was there.
Quick funny story from the beach:
Hayley and Luke were in the same room sharing a double bed. They LOVE when they get to sleep together. Such a treat. When we had put them to bed the first night, we told them that they could talk for a few minutes together before we turned the lights out and it was time for sleep. Well, they talked and giggled for a 5 minutes or so and then we kissed them goodnight and turned out the lights. Chris had told them that if they continued to play and talk after lights out that we would separate them and put Hayley in our bed so they could fall asleep.
Of course the giggling continued so we had to put Hayley in our bed. Chris would move her back to Luke's bed each night when we went to bed.
The fifth night we were at the beach, I was tucking Hayley in bed and she got very serious with me. "Mommy, I have a question for you. Each night I close my eyes and then when I wake up in the morning I am in LUKE'S BED! How is that happening? I think it might be magic!" I then realized we never told her that Chris would be moving her back to the room that she shared with Luke! TOO CUTE! I told her that Daddy had been putting her in Luke's bed each night and she looked relieved and a little sad that the magic had not been real. I will never forget our little conversation and how much joy that little face can bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!