Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Monday, November 28, 2011

A Thankful Heart

So, I read Ann Voskamp's "One Thousand Gifts" back in the spring.  I think I have mentioned it about 1,000 times on ye ol blog.  If you haven't gotten the point yet, you NEED to read it.  The book has completely changed how I move through my day.  To be thankful, even in the smallest most mundane moments, to be thankful.  And boy, did I have so much to be thankful for this year at Thanksgiving.  My parents and sister were able to come in town this year and we had a wonderful time.  We ate and played and laughed and got 95% of our  Christmas shopping done online that Friday!  It was hilarious to watch my mom, sister, and I all on iPads pulling up items from stores and shopping.  I am a HUGE fan of cyber shopping on black Friday.  No crowds or crazy people, and I didn't have to stand in one line.  Ha!

Anywho....  So thankful for this precious cheesy grin

His beautiful blue eyes and amazing heart

Her silly smiles, giant hugs, and the fact that she still calls me "Mama"

My handsome hubby who happens to be the most amazing Daddy

Making turkey cookies with Mimi, Holly, and Papa


For chocolate faces that lead to chocolate KISSES



For Father and son time playing football and learning life lessons



We are all thankful for the iPad!!!! He he!


an Aunt who loves to spoil her nieces and nephew rotten :)


a table set and plenty of food


So thankful that God continues to bless us over and over again.  So thankful that He sent His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross for me.  And for you.  That all has been forgiven and the ransom has been paid. 
Thankful doesn't seem like enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!