Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, January 28, 2012

This Life...

This military life is one that I never dreamed I would be living.  The moving, deployments, and constant change is not what I grew up knowing.  I lived in the same house from 6 months until I was 18 and moved away for college.  I went to the same church, same schools, had the same friends from K to 12 grade.  I dreamt of what I knew when I was growing up. 

And now, I couldn't imagine anything but our military life.  I have a love/hate relationship with moving.  I love the new places and the excitement of new adventures.  I know I have posted this before, but hardest part of leaving and moving on is missing our wonderful friends (that are more like family) each place we go.  But as I get older and more seasoned in this life, I am now seeing the blessing of moving and the chance to meet and make friends from all over the world. 

Each time we get ready to move, my prayers become constant for God's hand to just place us in the right house, church, and to bless us with friends who love Him.  I look back at our 12 and half years of the USMC, and those friends are still there.  From each duty station.  The friends that were completely chosen by God to come into our lives and bless us. 

We were so excited when some of those friends came to visit us this past week.  We all picked right back up where we left off.  The children were in heaven.  They played and played and played.  I got to catch up with my dear sweet friend, Sue.  And I think, if God had never moved me to Chesapeake, I would not have the chance to know Sue.  Her happy, fun-loving, God-loving heart and all the silliness and fellowship we have together.  I just love her and her sweet family.  So I am learning to have a love/love relationship with moving.  I can get over all the boxes and packing paper for miles so that I meet people like Sue along the road that we are on in this crazy military life.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!