Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Bouquet of Sharpened Pencils.....






























....one of my favorite lines from the movie "You've Got Mail". I used to love the beginning of school year. I loved shopping for new school supplies, organizing my desk, and making sure I had the coolest Trapper Keeper. I still love the fall, but the beginning of school has changed a bit for me.

Not that I don't love the excitement in the air of a fresh start, a ride on the school bus, meeting new teachers, and finding new and old friends, it just reminds me that my babies are growing up so fast.

But oh, what fun it was to watch my baby boy jump on that school bus with a huge smile on his face and come home to tell me what an awesome day he had in 1st grade. He has come such a long way from his first preschool experience where they had to peel him out of the car crying for the first month of school.

Hayley too began a new chapter in KINDERGARTEN! She had a wonderful day and loved that she had homework to do when she got home. The assignment isn't due until next week, but she spent 45 minutes writing and coloring her heart out to make each part of her "All About Me" book was just perfect. That girl has a love for all things school just like I did at her age.

I love watching my babies grow and learn at each stage of their little lives. They are becoming exactly who God made them to be. I feel so blessed to be able to call them my own. Praying for a wonderful school year with lots of fun, friends, learning, and growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!