Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 is going to be a BIG year!

Let me start off by saying, NO, I am not pregnant. But that being said, the Steele family has some big things on the horizon in 2011 and I am just a tad bit giddy about them.

1. We found out this week that Chris has been selected to attend Command and Staff, a 10 month school in Quantico, VA. We will be packing up in June/July to head to Northern VA to enjoy another year of Chris at home with no deployments. I am praising the LORD for this unexpected blessing. We thought for sure that Chris was headed back to the fleet and a 7 month to a year deployment, but God had other plans and for this I am so very thankful.

2. Starting this fall, we will be entering the world of home schooling. Now, I know that after reading this statement some of you gasped, some of you shook your head and said "those kids are going to be socially dysfunctional", some of you clapped, some of you jumped for joy. You each are entitled to your own opinion. We did not make this decision lightly. We have been praying about this choice pretty much since Luke was 2 years old. I have nothing against the school system, but I do wish to be obedient to what God feels is right for our family. At this time in our life, Chris and I feel that home schooling is where and what God wants us to do. And honestly, I am VERY excited about this new adventure. I have been shopping curriculum, researching co-ops in our area, and talking with friends who already home school to find out what resources they are using. Can't wait until our school year will begin.

3. Well, there is not really a number 3 yet. Just waiting to see what else God has in store for us :) Just waiting and waiting...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!