Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

I think I titled last year's zoo trip by this same name.  My creative juices just aren't flowing this morning.  I think I need another cup of coffee or three! 

Hayley's class field trip to the zoo was yesterday.  This trip always indicates that we are close to the end of the school year.  Hooray for no school! Boo for the fact that Hayley is almost a Kindergarten grad.

Here are highlights from our trip.  

The zoo recently opened their Asia exhibit, featuring two tigers, some crazy apes, and bears.  Not the panda kind, just the black bear kind.  From Asia, obviously.

Lions!


Tigers!


and Bears, Oh My!  (See I wasn't kidding.)


Some of Hayley's sweet friends.


Love this look


This was Hannah Beth's second visit to the zoo, but the first one where she really was able to experience the zoo.  She LOVED the giraffes.  She really loved everything.  She would just point and giggle and shout out to each animal she saw.  Her little eyes just about popped out watching the monkeys that were playing at the new exhibit.  She squealed every time they would swing from rope to branch.  Those monkeys sure do know how to put on a good show.




The Human Exhibit


I'm pretty sure the sign says don't climb in the cage.  Oh well.  They are wild animals.


The prairie dogs.  I think they are the cutest little things.





Next year I'll give you a tour of the National Zoo!

Oh, I had to include our future grad's picture.
Sigh



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!