Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Friday, August 19, 2011

The First of Many


One of the things I love about my husband is his love of going and doing.  When we move to a new place, he loves to go and explore.  See all the cool stuff there is to do in an area.  Every Saturday we venture out on a new adventure.

This particular Saturday we were actually headed to Mount Vernon, but then we got to 95 N.  It was a parking lot so we derailed those plans and headed to the Marine Corps Museum since it is only about 15 minutes from our house.  Not only was it close, but it is also FREE to get in.  I feel sure that we will be taking all of our visitors over the next year. 

I absolutely LOVED it!  The exhibits were awesome.  I especially loved the part of the museum that talks about Boot Camp.  Classic.  They have two booths set up, one male D.I. and one female D.I. (D. I. = Drill Instructor).  As you step into the booth, the D.I. begins shouting instructions at you.  Luke and Hayley jumped out quicker than I have ever seen them move.  It was hysterical.  Luke then declared that he thought he might go into the Navy because he didn't think they would yell as much.  Ha!

 Walking into the museum.  The outside is supposed to be an artistic replica of Iwo Jima.


Standing by the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor 







Marines through the years...




Marine pilot








Ready to board the bus for Boot Camp.


Hayley is going to get a trim!



Trying the pick up the 70+ pound pack.


Eating in the Chow Hall



Luke's favorite thing.  An Iwo Jima replica made of Legos in the gift shop!



1 comment:

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!