Chris's Change of Command

Chris's Change of Command

Daily Bible Verse

Friday, August 12, 2011

Serenity NOW!

Do y'all remember the Seinfeld episode where George Costanza's father walked around the entire time shouting, "SERENITY NOW!"  I can't quite remember the context of why he kept shouting it, but I have kind of adopted that saying as my mantra on days when I am going nutty. 

Chris and I were able to get away for a night while we were in GA.  It is so nice to be able to leave the kiddos with their grandparents since it is not something we get to do on a regular basis.  We were able to go to Serenbe, a farm community just about 45 minutes outside of Atlanta.  I could have stayed all week.  We rented a golf cart so we could dive between the inn and the community there on the property.  The little town had the most adorable little shops and outstanding dining. 

It was a tad bit humid.  As soon as I tried to snap a shot, the lens would fog up. 


But the fogginess (is that even a word) made for some pretty cool shots





It was so amazingly quite that you could just sit and be.  Not something I get to do very often and honestly I can only sit and "be" for so long before I have the need to go and DO!  Anywhoo...  I wouldn't mind if I could have taken this home with me


The most fantastic window seat I have ever had the privilege to sit in.  And read in.  And browse on the iPad in.  Chris and I sat in our window and just talked and talked and then we just sat and sat.  I  love him so much and love when we get the chance to just be us again for a little while.  Makes me feel 20 years old again like the day I first met him.


Yep...alot of iPad browsing.


If you get the chance, I would highly recommend a stay at Serenbe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks!